When visiting a child care center first impressions are important! Pay attention to what your eyes and ears tell you. When looking for a quality childcare facility, compare, Kidz, Ink., quality of care to the centers you may visit.
- Is the space neat, clean, and attractively decorated?
- Are there Security/Monitoring Cameras?
- Is there an Electronic Entry System into the building?
- Posted current licenses and permits
- Two separate, fenced outdoor play yards
- Indoor Playroom for Bad Weather Days
- Bathrooms with “child sized” commodes
- Does the center provide three nutritious meals?
- Are adults encouraging and praising children?
- Are there developmentally appropriate activities?
- Are teachers CPR/1 st Aid certified?
- Is the planned schedule of activities posted daily?
- Is the program well-stocked with equipment such as blocks
- Books, games, toys, and creative art materials
- Are the children under adult supervision at all times?
- Are Computers equipped with age appropriate software?
- Will you be provided with information on a regular basis about your child’s activities and progress?
- Were you encouraged to visit at any time and observe the program while your child is participating?
- Are parents informed of accidents and unusual incidents?
- Are parent ideas welcomed? Are there ways for the parent to be involved?